Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in California

Moving out @ age 17

Is there any way legally of moving out at the age of 17?

Asked on 4/07/03, 2:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

E. Daniel Bors Jr. Attorney & Counselor At Law

Re: Moving out @ age 17

Dear Inquirer:

Nothing herein shall create an attorney-client relationship, unless a written retainer agreement is executed by the attorney and client. This communication contains general information only. Nothing herein shall constitute an attorney-client communication nor legal advice. There likely are deadlines and time-limits associated with your case; you should contact an attorney of your choice for legal advice specific to your personal situation, at once.

If you haven't already done so, please visit my

web site at --

The site contains quite a bit of general information about California Family Law, Tenants' Rights, and Juvenile Dependencies, as well as information about me (education, experience, et cetera) and my office (location, hours, fees, policies).


Yes. It's called emancipation. Look at California Family Code sections 7000 and following. Try this link:

Thanks for sharing your interesting inquiry with us on LawGuru, and good luck with your case.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/03, 8:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in California