Legal Question in Employment Law in California

i went to the DLSE for a rest break wage, my ex boss forgery the hand book adding and removing parts from the book and attache my sign on this new papers, i have the original hand book and 4 of the pages are complete different from the one i signed. my case its not over yet i have to get more evidence to support my case i have the copy of the forgery documents is this an evidence for my case.

Asked on 12/13/12, 9:46 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Kirschbaum Law Offices of Michael R. Kirschbaum

If you can convince the hearing officer that your employer forged relevant documents, it could destroy their credibility and help your case. However, the decision should be based on all of the evidence produced at the hearing. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/12, 10:04 am

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

If your wage claim is for enough money to make it worth hiring an attorney to handle the legal proceedings, you should do that. He would be able to use all that evidence to help your case. Call the local Lawyer Referral Service for attorney names if you can't get a good referral from friends. Or you could contact me for help if serious.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/12, 10:42 am
Robert Worth Robert J. Worth , Professional Law Corporation

If you are in a larger company with a lot of employees may be they did not receive the wages and breaks that you and they are entitled to. If that is the case you may all have claims and possibly a class action. Just a thought. But as stated hard direct evidence that proves the employer's violation(s) is important. You should consider consulting an attorney especially if you find out that other coworkers have been also violated. I hope this helps. Bob

Read more
Answered on 12/13/12, 10:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California