Legal Question in Employment Law in California

My employer did not pay my salary for the last two weeks. He is avoiding me and even changed my login for work which is not good sign. I do not work from an office, but I have his contact information and business address. How do I proceed? I live alone and I need that money.

Asked on 8/03/13, 12:20 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila

It is probably best to call an employment law attorney and have your attorney write a demand letter to your employer. Other options are to sue or file a claim with the Labor Commissioner's office - but those will probably delay it.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/13, 12:25 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Do y still work there or were you fired. Can you log in?If you are not paid in a timely manner you should talk to the Labor Commissioner's office.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/13, 10:05 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Unpaid wage claims can be brought through your local Labor Commissioner office by filing with them.

It sounds like you've been terminated, or are being forced out. I wouldn't delay in bringing that claim.

If you are serious about hiring an attorney to help you in the hearings, feel free to contact me. IF you win your case, you'd be entitled to recover your attorney fees.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/13, 1:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California