Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Do I need to fill up a new application form in a lateral transfer? I was transferred to a different healthcare facility with the same position and salary. If I fill up the form that they are asking me to complete, i am afraid to lose the benefits that I already gained from my old facility.

Asked on 9/27/13, 8:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

The law does not require you to fill out a new application form. Your employer, however, has the right to impose that requirement if it so chooses.

It is not possible to say much about benefits -- however, benefits once accrued cannot be taken away. Thus, if you have already accrued two weeks' vacation time, you are entitled to that time even if you change positions within the company.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/13, 1:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California