Legal Question in Employment Law in California

how can i hire a person as contractor .he gonna use my vehicle and expense .ill pay him a salary .please help me how can i do that and which kind of form do i need to give him for sign .i want to give him a 1099 .please help, CA

Asked on 11/03/13, 3:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila

Whether a worker is an independent contractor or employee depends on his/her duties and the amount of control you have over the way he/she completes the job. If you misclassify her/him, you may later be held to pay penalties, taxes, etc. Consult with an employment law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 10:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California