Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Large private company, spoke to HR and brought up concerns of hostile interactions with another employee. HR advised speaking to manager.

Manager expressed they were not surprised and would speak to the employee.

Employee then physically slammed into me at work.

Was captured on video and witnessed.

Reported to HR. HR solution is to have the three of us “have a talk.”

Mentioned not feeling safe or comfortable.

Was told I can try to apply for a transfer. But not guaranteed.

Should I seek counsel?

Asked on 11/15/21, 6:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Only if you think this has escalated to the point you should apply for and can get a restraining order. I'd apply for a transfer first.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/21, 10:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California