Legal Question in Employment Law in California

i was on a medical leave per my doctor and then my job terminated me stating abandonment, then they denied my ui stating i falsified the documentation when i did not, and they did not even call my doctor to verify and i have not had any income since 1/10/13

Asked on 2/19/13, 10:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Depending on several factors, you may have a case for wrongful termination and/or failure to provide medical leave. Feel free to call Eisenberg & Associates, where I am an attorney, for a free consultation at (213) 201-9331.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 10:41 am

Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila

More info is needed. Did you advise your employer that your doctor placed you on leave? Did you provide a doctor's note and the time in which you expected to return? What was the reason for your leave (diagnosis)? If your employer has more than 50 employees in a 75 mile radius and you have worked for one year full-time, you may be eligible for job protection under the Family Medical Leave Act or your employer may have been required to "reasonably accommodate" your medical condition. Call an employment law attorney and have the pertinent fact/info with you when you call. It is improper for an employer to contact your doctor and your doctor would not have been able to respond to their questions puruant to privacy laws. It was your duty to advise your employer of the need for leave and to cooperate in providing the info they requested. Many of us offer a free initial phone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 10:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California