Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I have an ongoing wrongful termination case with a lawyer in San Joaquin County. I currently live in Santa Clara County and I am contemplating getting new representation. Do I need to still get a lawyer in the county in which the case occurred or can I get someone here locally?

Asked on 4/26/17, 11:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

As long as your attorney is licensed to practice in California, he or she may practice in any county in California.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/17, 11:44 am

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

The previous answer is correct, but there are sometimes advantages to having counsel who is familiar with the local court and the court familiar with them (assuming they have a good local reputation). So I suggest hiring an attorney based on the representation you will get rather than location of their office. Some good Santa Clara Co lawyers practice in San Joaquin. So that is certainly an option.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/17, 7:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California