Legal Question in Employment Law in California

serving papers to a minor?

Former 1099 contractor suing me for wrongful termination, etc.,etc.,. My 14-yr. old answered the door, and were asked if we(adults)were home, we were not , and my child recieved the papers to give to her father when we returned...Is this right????

Asked on 1/29/07, 11:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: serving papers to a minor?

No, not technically. However, you have nothing to gain by challenging service. The process server will file a proof and you will be in default if you do not answer. Challenging service will still leave you in the position of appearing only after more legal costs. Answer and win, call me directly at 1.619.222.3504.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/07, 2:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California