Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I work for $8.00 per hour, on some days if I sell 4 satellite services I make bonus which is $80.00 for that day. Every sell after that is worth $20.00 added to the total of that day. I am charged back on sales that cancel. My questions is: can my employer charge me back on the sells I make on days that I am only making a wage. If I sell 3 services and one cancels can he deduct $20.00 when I only made $8.00 per hour and not paid for that sell?

Asked on 5/17/13, 5:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jacob Kiani Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani

The short answer is that no matter what, your employer is never permitted to pay you less than minimum wage. So he is permitted to do the chargeback, but if the chargeback would cause your wage per hour for that day, for example, to fall below minimum wage, he must make up the difference at the time of the chargeback.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/13, 5:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California