Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I have been working out of class as a police sergeant for 1 year and 8 months. I am getting paid as a police sergeant and my job title is listed as police sergeant with my employer however I am referred to as an "acting sergeant". I am told that they are changing the job description for police sergeants and that is why it is taking so long to open the position for recruitment. I have heard that after a year the position is mine according to FLSA, but I cant find any info.

Asked on 7/08/13, 7:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

If you are a police officer then you should have union. I would ask my union rep about this

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 11:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California