Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Hello i have been working at my job a union company for the past 18 months I'm a journeyman carpenter by trade i was hired as a carpenter b which is bottom union pay none of my co-workers are carpenters they were trained in house i got A pay which is the next level because i asked for it and i was promised that that i would be senior within a year that didn't happen i have trained some of my co-workers how to do jobs, where the company has never even thought of now they are doing the jobs the way i did them and they do not want to pay me senior pay which is the highest i feel that they are mistreating me i don't know what to do. thanks

Asked on 6/28/13, 11:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

That's a matter to take up with your union.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 11:38 am

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You waived your 'legal' rights when you joined the union shop. You have the right to a union grievance under your CBA, nothing else. File one if you think you have grounds for it. Your union is supposed to protect you. That's what you pay them the big bucks in dues for.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 11:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California