Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I have an aggressive son, who is attempting to sue me for my home due to breach of a verbal "rent to own" agreement in California. I had a lawyer representing me for the last 11 months, and set a trial date of September 16, 2021. He left the case August 2, 2021. I have all documentation for this case on a flash drive. Can I represent myself on a unlawful detainer, if I don't have representation by the trial date. Or do I ask for a continuance until I can get representation?

Asked on 8/26/21, 8:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

If the home is yours how can you be evicted? This makes no sense. Having said that, I urge you to hire a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/21, 9:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California