Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I am evicting a non paying guest from a house I inherited from my father. They have been served their 30 day notice to vacate. I have personal items in the house that I would like to have. Guest refuses to allow entry. How do I retrieve my clothes, tax files, and bank statements without violating any law--since I don't seem to have any at this point. Police assistance???

Asked on 9/07/14, 9:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You may have to wait until the court awards you possession or the guest surrenders possession. In my experience, the police call these civil disputes and do not like to get involved.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/14, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California