Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I have a home in colorado I own prior to marriage. My husband lives and works in CA. He lives in an apartment there..recently started a lease. Does my name have to be on the lease because we are legally married? (I visit there, but don't live there full time)

Asked on 11/26/22, 10:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

That's up to the landlord as to what they require. If you are going to spend time there often, you probably need to either be a co-tenant or listed as an "allowed occupant."

Read more
Answered on 11/28/22, 7:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California