Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

can a landlord serve a 3 day to vacate for an assumption of disturbing neighbors / and falsely accusing of being under the influence

Asked on 8/14/17, 5:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

Anyone can sue anyone else. The real inquiry is whether the lawsuit will be successful.and there is evidence of such nuisance. The stronger the evidence, the more likely the landlord will succeed. On the other hand, the stronger the tenant's evidence of not having been involved, the less likely it will be that the landlord will succeed. This sounds like a case for, perhaps, community mediation or just some kind of settlement discussions with a third party to try to work things out. Sometimes landlords and tenants will agree to a behavioral stipulation and the tenant will get to stay if such conduct stops.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/17, 7:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California