Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I rent a house to my tennant. My parent are coming and we plan to terminate the tenancy and let my parents and my family to move in. However, after I mailed out the tenancy termination notice in which we said that the reason to stop the tenancy is my parents and family planing to move in, the tenants stop paying the rent and it took me several months to evict him out but I lost several months rent. After those changes my parents are afraid and worried and do not want to move in the house. We changed our mind and advertised to try to rent out the house. This evicted tenants saw my advertisement and called us saying that we did not move in and lie to them and are going to sue us. In this situation, can I rent out my house? We are losing money each month and the financial morgage burden is heavy. what should I do? Must I move in first and live for some months before I can rent it out? Please help.


Asked on 12/14/15, 10:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You have to specify what city you are in. The laws on this subject are specific to each city.

Read more
Answered on 12/14/15, 10:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California