Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I am in Santa Barbara CA and have rented to 3 students under the drinking age. They have without my permission thrown many drinking parties and I would like them to leave, but we have a lease. Can I break the lease over the drinking? What is my liability in regards to underage drinking tenants?

Asked on 7/24/11, 10:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Saltzman, MBA, JD Law Offices of Mark E. Saltzman

Look at your lease. It probably requires the tenant to refrain from engaging in unlawful conduct on the premises. In any event, unlawful conduct can constitute grounds for eviction.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/11, 1:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California