Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

Could I sue a tenant for undue stress and anguish for non-payment of rents? I am in the process of suing him for rents/late fees, and am including late fees from banks and vendors, though I have damaged relationships with vendors/banks, a low credit score and have suffered anxiety and mental anguish over finances for months due to non-payment, resulting in picking up another part-time job just to make it.

Asked on 2/19/19, 5:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

No. Emotional distress damages are only recoverable for SEVERE emotional distress, something that by itself drives you into psychotherapy at a minimum.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/19, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California