Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I am taking renters to small claims court because of damages to the property, They are sister and broter. They are both on the agreements as living there he is the signer on all agreements and all varifying on paper work was done on him.I know he did not live in the house. Now that I am taking them to court he said he never signed any of the paper work and she forged his name. She is saying you can not get money from me or garnishe because I am retired. My question is will the judge make him pay and go after her for forgery? Or will she have to pay.

Asked on 4/25/13, 3:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

I am sure that someone saw him sign the paperwork unless you let them take it and bring it back. Sue them both and let the judge decide their liability.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/13, 5:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California