Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

I have been diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the right hip. It is in an advanced stage and requires hip replacement surgery. I am in horrible pain all the time and can barely walk. I do not have a fracture, have not used steroids or alcohol. My doctor said something caused this and I think it may be one of the medications I've been on long term. But there are several that may apply and the main one, Fosamax, I quit taking about five years ago. Could I still pursue a lawsuit against a pharmaceutical company?

Asked on 8/05/14, 3:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Not without a medical expert prepared to testify to a medical certainly that a drug was the clear cause of your condition. Start unofficially by asking you current treating physicians about causation.

And not unless the drug you suspect has had a statute of limitation extension imposed because of class actions against it.

First though, obtain complete copy of your entire medical history, hospital records, doctor office records, charts, imaging records, drug prescription records, etc, etc. No one is going to spend the time and money to do that for you, They will expect you to present a complete package for efficient review.

While you are obtaining all those records, you need to do your research on line to find attorneys and experts doing suits against the drugs you suspect, and consult with them. Or you can hire local counsel as 'lead' to represent you in dealing with them. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and you are in SoCal, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/14, 10:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California