Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

Do u need a physician to sign a release to go back to work. Or is a physician assistant releasing a patient back to work good enough. My mother fracture her knee and was in a cast for 8 weeks. Now that she is cleared to work with a physician assistant letter. Her work is telling her she cannot return without a release letter from a medical doctor not a physician assitant. And they are telling her it has been way to long.

Asked on 10/01/13, 12:34 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Tell your mother to get a letter from her doctor. If they still refuse to give her the job back file a complaint with the department of fair employment and housing. She can also take a legal action.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 7:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California