Legal Question in Military Law in California

National Guard early discharge


I am a 21 year old professional in a California telecommunications company on the verge of IPO. I am also a member of the U.S. National Guard. Over the last year I have had little time for anything other than company focus as we make ready to try to compete on an international level. With so much at stake stock wise on my end I just cant get away a lot of the times on weekends and the 2 weeks a year. It is a constant pain in my ass to always have to deal with the National Guard. My question is this.

Is there a way for a person such as my myself to get an early discharge other than dishonorable? Or is it possible for me to buy out my contract from the U.S. government by simply cutting them a check?

thanks for any help in advance

Asked on 4/03/00, 3:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Dobra Charles Wm. Dobra, Ltd.

Re: National Guard early discharge

If the NG is such a pain in your ass, I wonder why you joined at all. In any event, I believe that your focus is incorrect. The focus should be whether you are a "Mobilization Asset". If you are not, it might be possible for you to be transferred to an inactive status.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/00, 4:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in California