Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

A 12 month lease contract with my tenant states I will return his $1600 deposit within 30 days after his lease expires, should he decide not to sign another year's lease. He informed me I should keep the deposit as payment for the 11th month he is in the rental, because I would not be receiving a rental check for the last month. Says he needs to use the $1600 deposit money to move & I should use that money for the last month's rent. He's been a great renter, but that's not the issue. Anything I can do? Thanks very much for responding.

Asked on 6/27/13, 5:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Sweat Steven M. Sweat, APC

You should post this in the landlord tenant section rather than personal injury and tort law.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 5:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California