Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

going on 5 years paid attorney hundreds of thousands of money from insurance. telling he is dropping me off the lawsuit but keeping my kids and wife on it. I signed a contract with him. is this legal

Asked on 5/13/19, 9:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

Your question can not be answered in a simple question and answer forum such as this. You need an attorney to review your situation. If you are a represented party in a lawsuit, your lawyer can not cease to represent you or voluntarily dismiss your case without a court order or your permission. Your contract probably covers this point. Your question does not address any of the events, including court orders or proceedings which have taken place in your case, nor does it shed any light on whether it was correct to name you as a party in the first place. These are just some of the issues you need to have reviewed by another attorney. Most personal injury attorneys offer free case evaluations, although you may have difficulty in your circumstances. You should be prepared to pay for a case review and consultation if you have to, because in your situation, time is more important than the money for a case review.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/19, 10:00 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

The advice and counsel of Mr Dorfman is totally correct. If you aren't satisfied and convinced of the facts when you discussed the situation with your current attorney, then you must PROMPTLY consult an experienced LOCAL litigation attorney with ALL your documents, records and paperwork to review in order to give you a worthwhile legal opinion, even if you have to pay for his time, which you should at this late stage of the proceedings. Nothing else will be of any value to you in protecting whatever rights you may have.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/19, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California