Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My boyfriend and I were locked in a stairwell for and our and a half at a storage facility in Belmont, CA. My boyfriend hurt his hands, sprained his shoulder. The on site manager said that happened to her all the time. She said she has to kick the door open every time she wants to get out.

Asked on 9/20/13, 4:47 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Glen Law Offices of Ben Glen, PC

The storage site is liable for you and your boyfriend's ordeal of being trapped, your emotional distress, pain and suffering and medical bills, past and future.

If the injuries are minor and do not last long, you may want to bring this matter up with a claims' representative of the insurance carrier for the storage unit--just ask the manager of the storage unit how to contact them. Beware that the insurance representative will ask you questions designed to minimize your claim, so you should speak to an attorney before you do so.

If you can't settle it with making a claim with the insurance company, you can bring this matter to small claims court..

For injury compensation you have only two years from the date of the injury to file a complaint in court or your claim for injury compensation will be barred.

If you would like free advice, feel free to call me.

Ben Glen

(877) 236-4536

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 5:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California