Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was in a car accident in 2006 and did not have adequate car insurance. I was sued by Progressive Insurance for $27,000 and the judgment was made in 2009. I have paid $12,000 of it off since 2009. Last month my license was suspend and levies have been put on my bank account because I have not paid Priority Collections and Progressive fast enough. I have been unemployed for 3 years so I am not eligible for a payment plan with the collection agency and not having a license prohibits me from being able to do the odd jobs I need to in order to survive. I do not want to file bankruptcy but I cannot sustain these finical attacks and having my driver's license suspended. Is there a statute of limitations on this type of judgement? Other than paying this off in full or filing for bankruptcy do I have any options for getting my licenses back?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

California judgments expire after ten years, but they can be renewed for ten more years each time they expire.

I don't know of any ways to get your license back other than the ones you list. But I am not an expert in this field. Perhaps some of my colleagues will have suggestions.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Your answer will be found by contacting DMV and requesting a statement of what you have to do to get back your license, fully informing them of all the facts you claim. I suggest you write to them, rather than call. There is no easy answer for you.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California