Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

i was driving my moms car and fell asleep and hit a pole my dl is suspended i was hurt and now have dr bills to pay she had inc what can i do

Asked on 7/11/11, 10:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tony Carballo Carballo Law Offices

Contact your mother's insurance company to see is she has "med pay" (medical payment) coverage in her policy. If she has a copy of the policy declaration then take a look at it because that information should be there. If you have your own car insurance then check your policy declaration to see if you have that coverage. Otherwise, you can use your health insurance if you have coverage. Usually your drivers license is not suspended because of an accident so there must be some detail you are sharing such as that the car was uninsured, or you were under the influence or you had too many other points for tickets or accidents in your driving record.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/11, 11:17 pm
kevin sullivan Law Office of Steven Kremer

submit a claim to your mother's insurance company under the med pay provision for them to cover your medical bills

Read more
Answered on 7/16/11, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California