Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I frequently post on a forum for several years now. A year or so ago, I started getting harassed by someone who apparently knows my daughter. He started posting some of her activities to get to me. I started a thread to tell him to stop, but he persisted. He even posted some personal information about me - my income and my health. When I told him there were laws against divulging that, he disappeared.

Now, he is back. He is now mentioning my mother by name. He does not say he is my mother, but he posted that to get on my nerves. I just told him to stop, but he continues.

Asked on 5/29/13, 4:53 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Sweat Steven M. Sweat, APC

Your best bet would probably be a civil restraining order request with the court. This would order him to stop harassing you. If the order was granted and he violates it thereafter, he could be subject to criminal penalties.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California