Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

was hit by driver while waiting at red light, she fleed scene my son got her plate number police later found her, she tried talking me into settling without calling her insurance,i filed claim and she stalked me

called me 20 times a day

i have eye injury and neck pain ,headaches my son has not injured,my daughter had neck pain but seems to be doing better

my eye is still scarred from injury my face near eye bruised

i lost my job

i now have to move

in a few days

need help

Asked on 11/01/09, 10:06 pm

6 Answers from Attorneys

Joshua Hale Hale Law Group

You are not alone. I handle these cases regularly. I know it is frustrating and scary, but you need an attorney immediately. When did this accident happen? Call me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/09, 10:13 pm
David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

There are a very important issues intertwined with your fact pattern. My first question would be, does the woman who hit you have insurance. Next, do you have insurance, and just as important, do you have uninsured motorist insurance.

My office handles such cases on a regular basis. Therefore, please call my office at 877.505.INJURY for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/09, 10:45 pm
Barry Simon Law Office of Barry J. Simon

Wow, you are going through a lot. I can help you but I need you to tell me a few things first. How much damage to your car? When was the accident? Who is her carrer? why did you lose your job (was it due to your injuries) and what were your job duties and job title and rate of pay? Do you have full coverage including uninsured motorist coverage and if so, how much coverage (in case the other driver is underinsured)?

You can email me at: BSimon4370

Barry J. Simon, ESQ.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/09, 11:40 pm

We need more facts about your accident. Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/09, 12:16 pm
Brian Dinday Law Offices of Brian R. Dinday

I am not from your area and I don't want to handle your case. However, I've done personal injury litigation for over three decades and here is my advice to you. Do not wait, but make appointments to go see personally at least three reputable lawyers in your area. Interview each one but don't sign anything on the first visit. After you have talked to each, and gotten all your questions answered, then choose the one you are most comfortable with, and then sign a contract. You have a very good case and if you were insured, you can collect a good recovery. So start making those calls immediately and schedule those appointments soon. Your lawyer can help you with many of your problems, near term and long term.

But first of all, DO NO talk to that woman again, nor to any investigator or insurance adjuster from that woman's insurance company who calls or visits you. You do not have to talk them and you shouldn't. Let your lawyer do all the talking.

By the way, as to the annoying calls. If any of them was in the least threatening to you, notify the police and cooperate with them in taping the calls when they next come in. In fact, if those calls were threatening, do that first. Good luck.

Brian Dinday

Read more
Answered on 11/07/09, 11:28 pm
Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates

I have offices all over the State. Call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x. 1 or go to my car accident website at

Read more
Answered on 11/08/09, 7:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California