Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

If a minor was in a car accident with a parent and the settlement was two years later when the child turned 19, will the child be treated like an adult, or will the mother receive settlement on behalf of the child who was a minor at the time of the accident?

Asked on 12/29/23, 2:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

It depends on whether there was a lawsuit filed by the mother on behalf of the child.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/23, 9:21 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

The answer to any such questions can be found in the written Settlement Agreement you mentioned that was entered into by the parties to the suit. Read it. An injured minor's recovery should have been dealt with in the Settlement and described as to it terms.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/23, 11:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California