Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was in motorcycle accident. The responsible party has insurance for the 15000 bodily injury. He has no proof of income and net worth is about $700. My injuries were extensive and require many surgeries and may need more than a year to get 80% recovery. My lawyer is taking 0 and advising at this point to not continue litigation i.e. Settle at the 15000. Is that the most I can be compensated?

Asked on 6/12/15, 10:37 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


From a practical standpoint yes unless you have underinsured coverage that is more than the third party policy

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 11:01 am
David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

Unless you have an uninsured/underinsured motorist policy, I believe your lawyer is offering proper advice. Note that I ALWAYS advise to everyone out there to purchase as much uninsured / underinsured motorist ins as possible.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California