Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Neighbor said I threatened to kill him and harm his family if he bought our house. I did NOT do that. When he showed up unexpectedly on the front porch and was asked to leave he refused. I asked several times and used profanity. I was extremely exasperated at being lied to by the real estate agent. Prospective buyer said, \"what am I doing?\" I said, \"you are trespassing.\" \"I have a gun and if you don\'t leave I will shoot you for trespassing.\" He told several neighbors and the court, in a declaration, that he was backing out of the deal because I threatened him and that his family was in fear of me killing them. The fact is that he wanted his $10,000 deposit back to buy a different house for sale $11K LESS than ours. When a Buyer is \'in contract\' he is not entitled to a refund so I feel he made up this lie just to get his money back. I have PROOF, his bank account can be reviewed using subpoena duces tecum and the County Recorder transfered title just after he received his $10K back and paid $70K cash. Is this libel per se?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Larry L. Doan Law Office of Larry L. Doan

It's not libel if it's in a declaration that is part of a court case because it's privileged. I assume there's a court case going on.

Why not have your own lawyer draft a declaration as part of what ever case you're in? But without an explanation of the precise proceeding you?re in, it's difficult to see what your options are. It could make a difference whether this is a rescission lawsuit brought by him to get out of the contract, or a suit for something else, etc., etc.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California