Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My PI Litigation attorney filed to withdraw from my case 1 month before hearing. He cancelled my witness depo. Without notice. A month ago after y depo he told me my case was worth $300.00 - 1 M.

I asked him when was the defendants deposition he said he's not doing one because "she would just lie". Come to find out he did do a deposition without notifying me. After 2 months I received the defendants transcript, she lied about everything.

This same atty, sent me an email asking me to sign an 889 offer. For each atty to pay their own costs and I receive nothing . He said he was still representing me until the court allows him to case is from 2020 no lawyers want a case this late in the game.

I had a slip and fall injury from slipping on wet slab of cement on the defendants property that I had paid for and signed a rental agreement. She threw me out the same day while I was waiting to go to the ER th next am . During pandemic. My witness deposition is crucial to the outcome of the case . I dont want to lose my case and why would he let a deposition full of lies go without filing for perjury. My surgery alone was over $85,000, plus I may have to have the hardare removed due to pain and loss of mobility.

Asked on 3/13/23, 5:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

No one should speculate on 'why' someone does something, not without knowing all the facts and claims from both sides.

You should not, and can not, try to compel your attorney to continue to handle your case, as he has already stated in his request to withdraw 'some' reasons why he can't continue.

Your issue is 'what' to do now. You seem to have no choice but to consult with and hire another attorney for his opinion on the status of your case, and how to proceed. You can discuss with him you claims listed in this post, and what remedies you may have against. the attorney, if any.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/23, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California