Legal Question in Personal Injury in California


We need help and direction in a case that involves our 16 year old son. He is a special education student and was subjected to over 30, half hour sessions with a school psychologist without our parental consent. We now have behavior problems that we didn�t have prior. The latest on this front is that we had removed the district psychologist from our sons �team� and last week this psychologist advanced an unfounded complaint concerning our Son to the schools asst. Principle in charge of disciplinarian matters without anyone from the school district contacting the parents as required in our sons IEP, prior to questioning him. This was over a three day period. Do we have a case?

Asked on 9/19/06, 6:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Claude Manookian Claude M. Manookian, Esq.

Re: Psychology

Yes, you do have legal recourse against the school, the school district as well as the psychologist. Parental consent forms are required for the most trivial student activities such as going to the local zoo. For sessions with the school psychologist involving a special ed. student parental consent would most definitely be required.

You may contact my office to discuss this matter further.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/06, 10:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California