Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Running out of time

I sent an e-mail in Marh, 1998 regarding a slip and fall on a sidewalk. Since then I have sent in a claim form to the city for my medical expenses. I also have talked to one of their personnel there. I keep keeping a response of "I will call you back". The last time I talked to him, he was going to send me another claim form to fill out and mail to the school district as he felt they were responsible for my fall. That is the last I heard from him. I am running out of time to file. I have not regained use of the little finger on my right hand and am still drawing disability. Please help.

Asked on 8/26/99, 2:31 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert E. Drescher Law Offices of Robert E. Drescher

Re: Running out of time

If you have not filed a claim with the school district it is unlikely that you can now do so. If you were injured in 1998, Government Code requires you to file a claim within 6 months of the date of the injury. Based upon your date of March 1998, that is over 18 months ago and it is likely any claim would be barred. As for the initial claim, the statute of limitations does not run until the initial claim is denied.

You should seek out an attorney to assit you in this matter as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/99, 5:10 pm

John Hayes The John Hayes Law Offices

Re: Running out of time


Is this the women that my assitant spoke to on the phone yesterday? If it is why don't you email me with your email address so we can confer online. If it is not I handle slip and falls all the time and as long as you have filed within six months of the fall and have not received a denial letter then you may proceed with filing a lawsuit. Please feel free to contact me for a free consulation.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/99, 2:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California