Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Slip and Fall

I fell at a supermarket for water condensation on the floor and sustained medical expenses in the order or 19thousand dollars + 500 in other expenses. The supermarket attorneys are offering a settlement. How much should be the just settlement amount?

Asked on 7/13/09, 1:18 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Re: Slip and Fall

If you're going about it without proper evaluation you will most likely not get the fair value. Insurance companies do not pay fair value to unrepresented victims.

If you don't want to hire a lawyer, that's your choice. However, at least get your case evaluated for its true value. I'd be happy to give you a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/09, 1:43 am
Joe Marman Law Office of Joseph Marman

Re: Slip and Fall

Any attorney or claims adjuster would need to know the residual physical affects of your injury, how much lost income you incurred, the amount of your medical bills, and the extent of your personal injury. No one could answer your question without answering these questions. You can email me at marma[email protected] if you want me to review it or represent you.

Jo9e Marman

Read more
Answered on 7/14/09, 2:04 am

Re: Slip and Fall

Do not do anything until an attorney reviews the facts of the case. Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/09, 12:42 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: Slip and Fall

There is no 'formula', if there was, there wouldn't be need for attorneys. It is all 'negotiable', so you would be wise to hire an attorney who will be able to exert maximum leverage on them through the threat of litigation by a 'professional' rather than a 'pro per', whom they will not take seriously. Your facts and evidence regarding liability, injury, damages, disabilities, all ultimately determine the value. Feel free to contact me if serious about doing so.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/09, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California