Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I slipped and fell in an eating establishment. The waitress had apprently dropped some food on the floor and a bus boy had gone to get something to clean it up. No one was attending then I walked through and stepped in this extremely slippery food. They took a report and they have it on tape as well. Their insurance company is asking for me to make a statement as to what happened in my words, as I have requested to see a doctor. Should I make this statement to them or should I get representation. I'm not feeling the need for a lawyer, but I don't really know the extent of my fall. I hurt, but not enough to not be able to work.

Asked on 9/13/10, 5:09 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

3 Answers from Attorneys


Hire an attorney.Adjusters for the most part take bad statements by asking bad questions and very often to the detriment of the injured person.If the injured person says something for the insurance carrier to hang their hat on they will and they will not budge once they have that advantage.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/10, 5:31 pm

Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates

My law firm handles slip and fall / trip and fall cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at If you want to discuss your case, you may call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/10, 1:10 pm
Robert Worth Robert J. Worth , Professional Law Corporation

I never allow clients to give a statement.. no two bites of the apple! I t only helps them and not you. If you have to sue they are already entitled to a deposition so if you give a statement you essentially gave them two bites of the apple. They can compare it and see if you have been inconsistent and use that against you. Hire an attorney to protect your rights. I hope this helps. Bob

Read more
Answered on 9/28/10, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California