Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

A tow truck hit my car yesterday and when he pulled over he proceeded to scream at me and left the scene when I started to call the police to report the accident. He did not exchange any information with me but I was able to capture a picture of what he looks like and the license plate. I suffer from anxiety and depression and this incident has put me in mental distress. I filed a police report and an insurance claim. Another attorney said there is nothing she can do. I am not sure what my next steps should be.

Asked on 11/15/17, 2:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

I can think of a few things I might do in this situation, depending on the facts. The biggest question I have is about the level of damages. If your case is worth less than $10,000.00 then it really belongs in small claims court, where lawyers aren't allowed. If you have no pain in your body, then I would need to know if the mental distress was extreme enough as to require psychiatric care and treatment (such as medication). If you've had no professional treatment of any sort, then definitely it's something you would handle on your own, either by negotiating with the insurance company directly, or if that fails: suing the tow company in small claims. To give you any better insight, I would need to get more information.

Michael Stone-Molloy, Esq.


355 S. Grand Ave, Suite 2450

Los Angeles, CA 90071

Toll-free: 877-LION-FOR-LAW (546-6367)

Cellular: 818-257-9250

Fax: 213-927-3635

E-mail: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/15/17, 10:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California