Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

i was in a vehicle brakes failed. i just got them done a month ago and my brakes failed. I have insurance to cover another person car but not my own. The other car sped away. What do i do?

Asked on 4/01/12, 6:49 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

If the damage to your car was $10,000 or less, it sounds like your best option is to take the brake repair place to small claims court. You probably should also contact the Bureau of Automotive Repair of the California Dept. of Consumer Affairs and see if they have any help for you. They can easily be found on the web.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/12, 7:26 pm

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

First find out from the shop that repaired your brakes post-accident what caused the brakes to fail and get them to put that in writing. Then tell the initial brake shop what happened and show them any writing you can get from the second shop and see if they will paid for the repairs to your car instead of facing a small claims suit [they probably will not agree to pay but they might].

Read more
Answered on 4/01/12, 8:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California