Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Yesterday my son put his finger in between the metal slots of an air conditioner display unit at costco. It sliced his finger open and it required 3 stitches. He is only 2 and this was very traumatic for us. He is still in a lot of pain. The employees didn't even record the incident, I called member services today to report it because I am a bit angry. I want to make sure they take proper precautions so something like this does not happen again. Should we take legal action or just forget about it?

Asked on 6/01/13, 11:46 am

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rob Reed Law Office of Robert A. Reed

More details necessary, although on its face, it sounds like some form of negligence exists such that a 2-year old would be able to get their fingers in at all - feel free to call for a free consult - 818-783-7998

Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 5:18 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

One would need more details, However it appears that you may have a claim against the manufacturer of the air conditioning unit and possibly Costco. Another factor is the nature and extent of the injuries sustained by your son and if there are any residual injuries. A defense attorney in this case may also try to make an issue as to the supervision of your son. How did it happen that he was allowed to put his finger in the air conditioner. Nevertheless, it can be argued that the AC unit should have been built so someone would not catch their finger and even displayed in a different manner. Feel free to e mail me [email protected] or call my office at 818 345 0123 if you have more questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 8:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California