Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

my 89 year old father signed a contract with "home vestors" to sell his house. They came to his house to tell him how much his rental property was worth. He ended up signing a contract withourt reading it and shorty within 24 hrs had remorse and realized he should not have signed it. any way he can get out of this contract? He is feeling taken advantage and that he has lost control of his life. Does he have any legal recourse?

Asked on 11/26/17, 2:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

This is a serious situation which requires immediate action. Hopefully he communicated his desire to rescind the contract right away. Time is critical. It is possible, depending on the facts, that he could show he is a victim of elder abuse. There may be ways to terminate the contract within its terms. He may also be able to breach the contract with a minimal payment of damages. An immediate consult and document review with a qualified attorney should be undertaken.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/17, 6:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California