Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Hello. I'm an 80, soon to be 81 year old man. I've been separated for 30 years. I own several properties. My ex wife's names are on all the titles as of today. I signed over our most valuable property to my daughter. My ex wife approved because she is on very good terms with my daughter. I very much regret signing the house over. My ex wife knew I would never sign the house over to her, but I might to my daughter if they concocted the right sob story...which they did. I bit like a fish. They manipulated and coerced me, and played me like a fiddle. I'm a softy and they knew they could get me to bite. I would like to have the house in my name again. Do I have a case as some sort of elder abuse, coercion scam? Anything? Help, I'm desperate.

Asked on 1/02/18, 2:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Susan Murphy Advocate Legal

You need to provide more details regarding the type of grant you gave, whether it was recorded, etc... It sounds like you need a quiet title, but it becomes more complicated because you are separated but not divorced. You also need to be clear on your intentions. If you only have one child and you intended her to have your estate, that's one thing. If not, then its another.

Susan Murphy, lead attorney Advocate Legal

Read more
Answered on 1/03/18, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California