Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My apologies for the incorrect spelling of breach. If my attorney or process server, serves my tenant's attorney will that be a legal service for the tenant even if that is not the current deal being handled?

Asked on 5/15/13, 3:14 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services


Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 10:17 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

No, it's not valid service. The tenant has to be served.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 8:55 am
Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

I think the previous answers may be wrong. The Rutter treatise on civil procedure before trial says that "personal service" of a summons and complaint can be made upon the defendant or the defendant's authorized agent. I believe you could ask the defendant's attorney whether he or she is authorized (and willing) to accept service on behalf of the client. If the attorney agrees to accept the service, then I believe it's valid.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/13, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California