Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Broken Lease. Please Read !!!!!

I have a rental property in Hemet California and my tenants were on a Month to Month lease. Per the contract, both parties had to give a 30 day notice if either party wanted out of the contract. I received a call from the tenant on March 11th advising that she had moved out. I would like LEGAL representation to file in small claims court for me in Hemet California for March's rent. Please email me with your retainer information in reference to filing for me. My email address is [email protected]. Thank you.

Asked on 3/30/06, 4:44 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

Re: Broken Lease. Please Read !!!!!

There is no need to hire an attorney to do this. You can fill out the forms at the court's website and file the forms yourself or mail them to the court with the appropriate fee. You can ask the court to serve the papers via certified mail or hire a process server or have the Sheriff's Department serve the papers.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/06, 4:56 pm
Ken Koenen Koenen & Tokunaga, P.C.

Re: Broken Lease. Please Read !!!!!

An attorney cannot represent you in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/06, 4:58 pm
Philip Iadevaia Law Offices of Philip A. Iadevaia

Re: Broken Lease. Please Read !!!!!

If you have a security deposit from the tenant, you may apply that to the last month's rent. If it is short, then take her to small claims court for the 11 days in March that she did not pay. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/06, 5:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California