Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Is Camden Legal Group a real law firm? I was told they can help me with my mortgage as long as I pay them and sign up for their program. On their website it says they are located at 8383 Wilshire Blvd., #800 Beverly Hills, CA. 90211. Is it ok for me to pay a law firm to help me get my loan modified? So many scams out there so I would really apperciate some solid advice. The only thing I am being told at this point is that they have 5 star reviews on the trust link website, but those could be made up with today's scams.

Asked on 9/14/15, 2:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

It is illegal to ask for a lawyer or law firm to ask for payment for loan modification services until after ALL services have been rendered. They don't have to have succeeded but the work they agree to do must be entirely completed. Report them to the State Bar and find a legitimate firm to help you.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/15, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California