Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

I need to change my grant deed from my surname and trustee et al to just my surname? What is my best approach?

Asked on 9/09/13, 4:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You don't ever change a grant deed once it is signed and recorded. You may, if it is revocable, transfer ownership of a property into and out of a trust, which is what it sounds like you want to do - transfer it out of a trust. Whether that is a good idea, and exactly how to go about it, however, is not something that you can get simple free internet advice on without almost certainly messing it up. You need to talk to the attorney who prepared your trust. If you prepared the trust yourself, it is almost certainly in need of a review. Either way you need to talk to an attorney directly about this.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 5:01 pm

William Christian Rodi Pollock

I certainly agree with Timothy. Seek counsel before you muck up title. It is likely to be much more expensive to fix it than to do it right..

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 6:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California