Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

the city designated my two story office building as a historically relevant. I don't want them to as it may diminish the value of the property. How can I fight it?

Asked on 10/06/17, 1:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

I'd start out by researching whether the decision to so designate it was (a) based on correct facts, and (b) made consistent with local or state law applying to such designations. You'll want to get transcripts of council meetings and copies of staff reports where the basis for the designation was researched or discussed. Due to variations in local policies and ordinances from community to community, I think you will need a local lawyer and/or real-estate professional to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/17, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California