Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My elderly mother (91) who is of sound mind unknowingly transferred ownership of her mobile home that she currently resides in to my oldest brother. He has removed her name entirely and added his name as the sole owner. This was not her intent, and she was misled and lied to regarding what she was signing. She seeks to have a reversal and her name back on as sole owner of the mobile home and her oldest son removed entirely. Can you tell me how she can proceed and what she needs to do to get this process started?

Asked on 3/10/23, 11:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Contact the department of adult protective services in your county. What you describe, if true, is a case of elder financial abuse.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/23, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California