Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Hi okay so my family is having issues with property in Iran. There is a family of 4 brothers that are entitled a house in Iran after their father died. Although one of brothers lived there in the house after while the rest were in United States. The wife put it under a relatives name when they left for the United States. Now all the brothers are in need for money and want to sell this house but the the relative won't sell it unless given permission from the wife. Although if the house does get sold the money will go straight into her account. The problem is that there is no written proof that that house rightfully belongs to the 4 brothers which is where we get stuck. What can they do to get the property and and sell it and divide the money between the brothers. The wife is a very unreasonable person and no one knows what steps to take to get the house back. Help?

Asked on 3/16/11, 8:27 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

Unfortunately, California law and a California lawyer's knowledge and training will be almost useless in a real-property dispute over property in Iran. You will probably need to seek assistance from a lawyer in Iran.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/11, 9:20 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You need to speak with an attorney or lawyer licensed to practice in Iran.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/11, 7:54 am
Shahram Miri Law Offices of Shahram Miri (408) 866-8382

I concur with the previous answers, you need to speak to an Iranian attorney.

I have personally been through a similar situation you are describing. I am an Iranian citizen and had to sort matters out with my relatives when I was a beneficiary of a person's estate. It was not easy to say the least.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/11, 8:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California